Client Bill of Rights
As a JFS client, you have the right to privacy, confidentiality, and self-determination. It is JFS’ ethical obligation to treat you fairly, with dignity and respect, and without discrimination regardless of your age, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
As a client of our agency, you are entitled and welcome to do the following:
- Ask about our professional qualifications.
- Ask about, comment on, and make suggestions to improve JFS policies, operations, and services.
- Ask to see and discuss our fees.
- Know about our policies or procedures to protect your privacy to the fullest extent of the law.
- Comment orally and/or in writing about your contact with the agency. This will be included in your client record.
- File a grievance, without interference or retaliation. First, discuss your concerns with your service provider. Next, if you desire, have a three-way meeting including you, your service provider, and the Chief Operating Officer. Then, if you are still not satisfied, request a meeting with the CEO. The CEO will make a decision and report it to you and the service provider within five working days. You may request a copy of JFS’ Client Grievance Policy at any time.
- Exercise your right to refuse any service, treatment, or medication, unless those rights have been limited by court order.
Office Service Hours
- Adoption: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Care Management: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Counseling: Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Home Care: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Volunteers: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Individual office appointments may also be scheduled outside of regular business hours
JFS has 24/7 on-call service